Sunday, December 20, 2009

Very funny, Lord!

I had a dream the other week that I thought was quite funny. In my dream someone was showing me an old-fashioned mercury thermometer surrounded by wood. On the bottom of the thermometer was the word hell and on the top of the thermometer was the word heaven. There was a line on the thermometer. The line was not static but kept dipping and rising. I immediately knew that the line stood for my spiritual life and where I was at in my walk with God. Let me put it this way:
My feet were were not on fire but neither was my head in the clouds. I seem to be fluctuating in and out of worldliness, at least this was my impression. God's sense of humor delights me and I got a good laugh out of this dream. I think I have my work cut out for me, though :)

4 comments:

  1. You mean you can remember your dreams? I think I can remember a total of three my entire life! I like the thermometer image. I imagine most of us are floating up and down with you!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    Yes, I often remember my dreams. Some are regular, every day ones, others are what I call Holy Spirit dreams. Those I never forget because they are extremely vivid and I usually get woken up immmediately after. If I try to ignore them and go back to sleep, sometimes I'll have the exact dream all over again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Beautiful Dream! This is a Dream that St. Teresa would have had! So profound yet so simple! You are truly blessed by God to be given an insight like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina,
    Thanks for the comment. The Lord has a great sense of humor. St. Teresa is my patron saint so maybe her hand was in this;)

    ReplyDelete